Please respect that we are not a free advice service.!
If you have bought or intend to buy clematis from us please feel free to get in touch.
If you purchased your plants elsewhere and need advice about them, please return to the company who benefited from your business.
Before you use this form;
We are extremely busy due to high demand this year so please take a moment to read the FAQ's below in case your question is easily answered there. Thank you!
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What size are your plants? - Our plants are garden ready 2 years old and most are grown in a 3 litre pot. They are on 90cm Bamboo canes with individual labelling for each plant. Find out more here - Our Quality Plants
- Out Of Stock - When will the plant I want come back into stock? - Good question! With plants it is often difficult to be certain when they will be ready for sale. We have strict quality standards that we will not compromise on so please be patient. Please refrain from asking this via the contact form and use the Notification function on the plant page. This will tell you by email when it is back in stock.
- When do you send? - We send all year round because of the quality of the product we are sending. Find out more here - Delivery Details
- When is the best time to plant? - All garden soils differ and climates and you can plant our clematis all year round. As a guide - if you have heavy ground, then plant in the spring/summer (Feb-June) and if you have light or sandy ground plant in autumn/winter (September/November). So long as the ground is not frozen or water logged you can plant year round.
- Do I need to harden off before planting? - Yes - Clematis purchased during winter through to April, must be hardened off before planting. Read more here - How to Plant Clematis
- Can you help with my plant selection? - Yes we can but we are often very busy as we are a small team. We have a wonderful Clematis Selection Made Easy section which includes groups of clematis made for the most frequently requested situations. Shade Tolerant, Windy Aspects, Attractive to Bees, Hot & Dry Areas among others, so do check that out here. Clematis Selection Made Easy
- Do you accept National Garden Scheme Gift Vouchers? - No I'm afraid we only accept our own vouchers.
- Can you reserve some plants until another one I want is ready? - No. We are sorry we can not do this because the time and space required to administer such a system is simply unworkable on a large scale. There is a useful notification feature for out of stock plants that works very well.
- How much is delivery? - Please see the delivery charges table on the Delivery Information Page
- Do I have to sign for delivery? - No a signature is not required IF you advise us of a safe place your parcel can be left for you.
- Are you plants fully hardy? - For each plant on our website you can see the hardiness in the Specifications, tab.
- Can I send a gift message with my gift order? - Yes. Please add the message at the end of the Checkout process. There is a specific box to put this in.
- Can I collect at the nursery? - No unfortunately we are no longer open for collections at the nursery address which is for correspondence only.
- Do you send to the USA or Canada? - Sadly we do not export outside the EU. Please try our friends at Brushwood Nursery - Georgia or Joy Creek Nursery - Oregon & don't forget to tell them Thorncroft referred you!
Phone: 01953850407 Due to limited staff availability the telephone is not being answered regularly at the present time. We will be monitoring the answer-phone messages for urgent matters. We apologies for any inconvenience.
Correspondence Address: Thorncroft Clematis & Climbers Ltd, Merryfield, North Green, Reymerston, Norwich, NR9 4RD, United Kingdom.
We do not open to the public for visits.
You are on a secure website, look for the padlock symbol in the address bar. All orders are dispatched on a first come first served basis and our payment gateway provider Worldpay UK Limited and Affiliates are PCI DSS compliant. For more information on card data security please follow this link. www.pcisecuritystandards.org